August 14-16, 2011, Richmond, Virginia
Now, more than ever, State Chief Administrators must manage increasingly complex agencies and programs with the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
To help our members confront these challenges, NASCA hosted its Institute for Management and Leadership. The Institute brought leading academics and professional management experts together for a two‐day conference to explore:
- Vision, leadership and the state agency
- Reforming government agencies and measuring results
- Managing resources in an era of tight budgets
- Lessons learned from the private sector and federal government
- Policy development, execution and follow‐through
NASCA worked with the University of Pennsylvania’s Fels Institute of Government to develop and facilitate the Institute. NASCA members and corporate sponsors were exposed to the latest thinking on management, leadership and public affairs in government, and were taught new strategies to advance their agencies’ missions and achieve results.